POSITION: Residential Nutrition Advocate
FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Residential Manager, the Nutrition Advocate will provide meal service to the emergency and transitional residents. The Residential Nutrition Advocate will be responsible for developing healthy recipes, maintaining healthy food practices and coordinating the cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen and dining areas.
HOURS/SCHEDULE: Full time, Monday – Friday, 11AM – 7PM
SALARY STATUS: non-exempt
- Possess a minimum of 2 years professional experience in the food service industry and/or equivalent.
- Is familiar with and has a working knowledge of the proper methods for safe food handling and storage, preparation, and sanitation in order to meet internal and external health and safety standards.
- Possess good communication and customer service skills, and the ability to create a positive and welcoming environment, and work effectively with clients who may be assisting with meal prep.
- Has a working knowledge of the use of proper cleaning solutions such as safe commercial and nontoxic cleaning products appropriate for use in a meal preparation and dining setting.
- Possess the organizational skills and abilities to complete program documentation and reporting requirements, complete weekly shopping, coordinate and organize food donations, and assist with the implementation of new program activities and services.
Qualified applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume to Kimberly Mason, Residential Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your cover letter and resume to:
Kim Mason, Director of Residential Services