POSITION: Residential Cook
FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Director of Residential Services, and within the scope of the agency’s goals and objectives and external nutritional requirements as set forth by the State of California Department of Education, the Residential Cook at the residential facility is responsible for providing planning and providing meal service for a maximum of 55 adults and/or children.
HOURS/SCHEDULE: 25-30 hours per week, $11.00 per hour. Position will include evenings.
SALARY STATUS: non-exempt
- Possess a minimum of 2 years professional experience in the food service industry and/or equivalent.
- Is familiar with and has a working knowledge of the proper methods for safe food handling and storage, preparation, and sanitation in order to meet internal and external health and safety standards.
- Possess good communication and customer service skills, and the ability to create a positive and welcoming environment, and work effectively with clients who may be assisting with meal prep.
- Has a working knowledge of the use of proper cleaning solutions such as safe commercial and nontoxic cleaning products appropriate for use in a meal preparation and dining setting.
- Possess the organizational skills and abilities to complete program documentation and reporting requirements, complete weekly shopping, coordinate and organize food donations, and assist with the implementation of new program activities and services.
Qualified applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume to Kimberly Mason, Residential Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org