POSITION: Case Manager
FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Residential Manager, and within the scope of the agency’s goals and objectives, the Case Manager is responsible for the provision of case management services to program participants.
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week, will include some evenings
1. Provide direct services to battered women in the residential program, including development of individual service plans, contracts, crisis counseling, advocacy, information and referral to both internal and external programs/services.
2. Provide assistance with housing and employment as designated by the HUD SHP grant.
3. Participate in the development of program outcome objectives and House of Ruth and/or GAIN initiated program evaluation of services provided.
4. Meet regularly with program participants to conduct progress checks, update and/or revise service plans. Make recommendations to all staff regarding length of stay in shelter, service goals, and other issues related to service planning.
5. Responsible for facilitation of all communications regarding shelter residents between outside public and private agencies and House of Ruth.
6. Maintain collaborative working relationships with agencies and community institutions in order that services are facilitated for shelter residents.
7. Make appropriate referrals for clients to mainstream health and human services programs.
8. Participate in all agency meetings as appropriate: program meetings, weekly and monthly staff meetings, case management meetings.
9. Assist with answering the 24-hour crisis line as necessary.
10. Demonstrate ability to be an effective team member by communicating openly, co-operation with other staff, demonstrating positive attitudes and working together to solve problems.
11. Communicate professionally and appropriately with staff and the public by observing confidentiality, staying focused on job tasks and demonstrating active listening skills.
12. Demonstrate ability to work effectively under supervision by being open to feedback, reporting on activities as directed, staying within the job description and following through on suggestions.
13. Other duties as assigned, which may include but is not limited to: heavy cleaning, lifting, and organizing supplies.
QUALIFICATIONS: BA Degree and/or two years experience in a social service setting. Experience in case management, intakes and communication with public and private agencies. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships. Computer
Please send resume and cover letter to: Kevin Mejia Kmejia@houseofruthinc.org