POSITION: Housing Case Manager
FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Housing Services Manager, & within the scope of the agency’s goals
and objectives, the Housing Case Manager’s role is to develop new opportunities for clients to establish linkages
with resources in the community including housing, employment, & social services, and is responsible for the
provision of case management services to participants in the Rapid Re-Housing Program.
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week, some evenings may be required based on client and program need.
1. Provide direct services to clients including development of individual service plans, an assessment of
resource needs (to include housing, employment, training, counseling and others), advocacy, crisis
counseling, information and referral to both internal and external programs/services.
2. Provide assistance with housing and employment assistance.
3. Participate in the development of program outcome objectives and House of Ruth and/or funder initiated
program evaluation of services provided.
4. Meet regularly with program participants to conduct progress checks, update and/or revise service
plans. Conduct follow up activities for participants placed in permanent and transitional housing,
including the coordination and facilitation of reunion groups.
5. Develop and conduct ongoing life skills and financial literacy workshops for program participants.
6. Maintain collaborative working relationships with partner agencies and community institutions in order
that case management and other supportive services are available for program participants.
7. Make appropriate referrals for clients to mainstream health and human services programs.
8. Participate in all agency meetings as appropriate: program meetings, weekly and monthly staff
meetings, case management meetings.
9. Assist with the development of program forms needed to administer the program. Assist with the
collection of data for program evaluation and reporting.
10. Assist with answering the 24-hour crisis line as necessary.
11. Demonstrate ability to be an effective team member by communicating openly, cooperating with other
staff, demonstrating positive attitudes and working together to solve problems.
12. Communicate professionally and appropriately with staff and the public by observing confidentiality,
staying focused on job tasks and demonstrating active listening skills.
13. Demonstrate ability to work effectively under supervision by being open to feedback, reporting on
activities as directed, staying within the job description and following through on suggestions.
14. Other duties as assigned which may include but are not limited to: heavy cleaning, lifting and organizing
• BA Degree and/or four years experience in social service.
• Deep understanding of housing needs and domestic violence issues.
• Experience in case management, crisis intervention, and intakes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships.
• Experience assisting individuals develop increased self-sufficiency.
• Ability to multi-task program responsibilities with administrative responsibilities
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated computer skills including knowledge of database, word processing and e-mail programs
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, 403(b) plan
Please send resume and cover letter to: Annette Gonzalez at email@example.com.