POSITION: Residential Advocate (Overnight)
FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Residential Services, and within the scope of the agency’s goals and objectives, the Overnight Residential Advocate at the residential facility is responsible for providing direct client services, clerical support, and facility management assistance.
HOURS/SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours per week. Sunday – Thursday, 11pm – 7am
SALARY STATUS: Non-exempt
DIRECT SERVICES TO CLIENTS:
- Provide shelter coverage during the overnight hours of 11pm – 7am, Sunday – Thursday.
- Answer 24 – hour crisis line.
- Provide direct client services, including crisis counseling, client intakes and exits, and meeting the needs of emergency shelter and transitional residents, as they arise.
- Assist with coordinating and managing activities related to client chores and meal services.
- Assist with managing the daily operations, health, safety, and maintenance of the facility.
- Monitor household supplies and donation to assure that the facility runs smoothly and that client needs are met.
- Assist with the coordination and organization of in-kind donations to assure that client and office needs are met.
- Assist with updating and maintaining disaster preparation materials, supplies, and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records, including documentation of all services provided, monthly program reports on activities, upkeep of client files, and tracking information.
- Assist with developing and accurately maintaining the physical and electronic residential census, PI # log, intake logs, and other client demographic logs and records, using excel spreadsheets and other appropriate computer program systems.
- Assist with the development of written procedures, forms, etc. necessary to the operation of the program.
- Assist with updating written and electronic program materials and resources such as the client welcome packet, resource manual, and other program materials.
- Assist with internal program audits, site visits, and compliance reviews for the Residential Services program.
OTHER AGENCY EXPECTATIONS:
- Assist with the development of a warm and positive environment that promotes client well-being.
- Attend all meetings as required.
- Demonstrate ability to be an effective team member by communicating openly and honestly, co-operating with other staff, demonstrating positive attitudes and working together to solve problems.
- Communicate professionally and appropriately with staff and the public by observing confidentiality, staying focused on job tasks and demonstrating active listening skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively under supervision by being open to feedback, reporting on activities as directed, staying within the job description, following through on suggestions, and addressing any problems or concerns you may have with your supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned which may include but is not limited to: additional program activities, heavy cleaning, lifting, and organizing supplies.
- Participating in shift change procedures by sharing and discussing with appropriate co-workers any client issues, information, concerns which need to be passed on before ending your shift.
- Must be comfortable working in a shelter environment, including feeling safe and productive working alone at night.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques.
Experience with crisis counseling, and working with battered women and children in a group living program and a multicultural setting. Strong organizational skills. Must have excellent written, verbal, and computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word. Experience with conflict resolution and mediation helpful. Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions while maintaining effective working relationships. Current California Driver’s License, reliable transportation and up to date insurance required.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE INFORMATION
To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, reasonable accommodations are made for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability unless an undue hardship, direct threat to health and safety or other job related consideration exists. Applicants or employees who require accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job should contact the Executive Director to request such an accommodation. The accommodation she/he is requesting or needs to perform the job should be specified. The request will be discussed, and if necessary, we will investigate barriers that make it difficult for the applicant or employee to have an equal opportunity to perform her/his job. Necessary accommodations will be made unless precluded by an undue hardship or other permissible considerations. AA/EOE.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Sabrina Almaraz email@example.com