POSITION: Substance Use Disorder Case Manager
FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Community Services Manager, and within the scope of the agency’s goals and objectives, the SUD Case Manager will act as a team to provide substance use disorder screening, intake, assessment, service plans, and referrals for all community services clients.
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
- Provide direct services to individuals whom have been impacted by domestic violence and substance use referred to House of Ruth’s Community Services Program. Will conduct all intakes for incoming clients, including needs assessments, development of individual service plans, contracts, crisis counseling, advocacy, information and referral to both internal and external programs/services, and follow up.
- Meet regularly with program participants to conduct progress checks, update and/or revise service plans.
- Provide court accompaniment to those clients who need support as they move through the legal system.
- Provide support to the Community Education Program including but not limited to: trainings and presentations to various community institutions such as law enforcement, hospitals, schools, churches, and other service providers; attending community education fairs; networking with LA and SB County community agencies at collaborative meetings and other program related functions; assisting with developing plans, client recruitment and activities to meet agency goals and grant contractual obligations.
- Demonstrate expertise and familiarity with client assistance programs, like substance abuse treatment programs, CalWORKs, employment and housing programs.
- Creates and develops relationships with community providers of substance abuse treatment, housing, employment, education, food assistance, childcare support, mental health treatment, and other supportive services that will help clients be successful.
- Facilitate a 10-week DV 101 class, Life Skills, and/or Para-Counseling group, one evening per week.
- Participate in all agency meetings as appropriate: program meetings, weekly and monthly staff meetings, case management meetings.
- Assist with answering the 24-hour crisis line and provide emergency back up as necessary. If bilingual, assist with Spanish pager program.
- Provide coverage for other community services programs in the absence of the particular staff member designated to that program.
- Demonstrate ability to be an effective team member by communicating openly, co-operating with other staff, demonstrating positive attitudes and working together to solve problems.
- Communicate professionally and appropriately with staff and the public by observing confidentiality, staying focused on job tasks and demonstrating active listening skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively under supervision by being open to feedback, reporting on activities as directed, staying within the job description and following through on suggestions.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively use database software and maintain client files as required by agency standard.
- Document all client interactions in client files virtual and/or physical and provide timely and accurate tracking of service provision.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual in Spanish. Bachelor’s Degree and/or 4 years equivalent relevant experience in a social service setting. Experience working with issues of substance abuse disorder, mental health, and other potential barriers to self sufficiency required. Awareness of women’s and children’s issues and the dynamics of domestic violence. Ability to relate in a non-judgmental manner towards individuals in crisis. Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Good leadership skills, excellent written, verbal communication, and organizational skills, and computer literacy. Experience with persuasive public speaking, and an ability to communicate information professionally and in an effective manner to any size group. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Current Driver’ license, reliable transportation, proof of insurance and a good driving record required.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Sabrina Almaraz firstname.lastname@example.org
House of Ruth, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ADA/EOE